Michigan’s 1st federal 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for cannabis education Founded by a small group of patients in 2010
Whether it was for cancer, Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, chronic pain, or Crohn’s disease, these patients knew that cannabis worked for them or those they cared for and they wanted to help others who could benefit from its use.
Over the past 10 years, one of the main goals of the organization has been to open a Nonprofit Center for Cannabis and Chronic Disease, with a special focus on cancer and pediatrics, but that takes a lot of money!
However, if each licensed cannabis company in Michigan were to make a tax-deductible donation of $420 or more, that goal could become a reality and Michigan could see the first Nonprofit Center for Cannabis and Chronic Disease become a reality!
With the help of its volunteers, My Compassion has hosted hundreds of events that educate the public.
Read the Milestones Below…
- Worked on legislation that would help chronically ill children who require CBD or THC, have the same access in school as other children do to their medicine
- Sponsor 420 Canna Expo Soaring Eagle Casino
- Eastern & Western Michigan University Internships approved
- Attended UM, EMU, NMU and WMU Government and Nonprofit Career Fairs
- Hosted the Treating Cancer with Cannabis Symposium, Sheraton Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
- Introduced research proposal to the University of Michigan Athletic Department for Cannabidiol as a Supplement to Opioids in Sports Related Injuries
- Hosted the Medical Cannabis Symposium at Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI
- Presented by invite at the City of Taylor public hearing for opting in or out of the MMFLA
- Published Vol II The Guide to Understanding the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act
- Treating Cancer with Cannabis Webinar National Cancer Survivor Day
- Attorney Denise Pollicella Joined My Compassion Legal Advisory Board
- University of Michigan & Northern Michigan Student Internships Approved
In 2016 MILESTONES
- Michigan State Bar Foundation Grant application submitted for MMMA Guide Volume II
- Presentation Bedford Grow and Maribis Dispensary Chicago, IL
- De Paul University Research Partner Patient Provider Gap for Medical Cannabis
- University of Michigan Transportation Department Research Partner
- Present to 300 tribal leaders at the Native Nations Event in San Diego, on Harm Reduction, Chronic Pain and Cannabis
- Hosted My Compassion Cannabis Conference at Navy Pier
- University of Michigan Dearborn presentation on Womens Issues and Health for a Public Health Policy class.
- National Association of Social Workers continuing education course presentation on Medical Cannabinoids: What Every Social Worker Needs to Know held at the West Bloomfield Township Public Library.
- Presentation Native American Tribe on CBD only legislation Oklahoma
- Sponsor CINV and Cannabis Dosing Clinical Study, Illinois
- Three-hour collegiate course to nursing students at Calvin College Pain in the Class on the medical benefits and science of cannabinoids.
- Wayne State University 3rd year Law School Presentation with Alysa Erwin and Dr. Mark Neumann about Medical Cannabinoids.
- Central Michigan University presentation about My Compassion to a classroom of students.
- Presentation to Denver audience to 5,000 attendees on the benefits of Cannabinoids and My Compassion.
- Presentation at the AutismOne Expo on how cannabinoids helps with spectrum disorders and how My Compassion has become a fast growing grassroots organization.
- Presentation in Atlanta, Georgia to 1,000 attendees on the medical benefits of cannabinoids and hemp.
- Chicago Canna Conference hosted by My Compassion held at Navy Pier for 3,000 attendees.
- Alternative Treatments private presentation and seminar for the benefits of cannabinoids and My Compassion.
- Wellness House Cancer Support Group presentation in Hinsdale, Illinois
- Google Grant was presented to Michigan Compassion to optimize our cannabinoid education on the web which receives worldwide attention.
- Spearheaded the Guide to Understanding the Michigan Medical MJ Act We began with enough funds to print 275 copies the rest is history from there. There are over 7500 in circulation at the end of 2013.
- Michigan Compassion met with the head of the Social Work Department at Karmanos Cancer Institute, the largest cancer center in Michigan.
- Michigan Compassion hosts the Michigan Medical Canna Tradeshow in Taylor, MI with panel discussions from Patients, Doctors, Attorneys and Politicians.
- Michigan Compassion made history again by being the first cannabinoid education organization to be approved for the CFCÂ Campaign. This is a program where Federal employees select their nonprofit of choice and donate through payroll deduction. Presentations were held at the following Federal Buildings:
- US Postal Service Detroit
- US Postal Service Pontiac
- Theodore Levin United States Court House Detroit
- US Army TACOM Warren
- Patrick McNamara Federal Building Detroit
- FDA Building and US Patent Office Detroit
- VA Hospital Ann Arbor
Federal 501(c)(3) Nonprofit status approved.
- Michigan Compassion was responsible for putting up digital billboards about cannabis on major highways consecutively for 6 months fully funded from our donation containers.
2011 – 2010 MILESTONES
- Hosted meeting as the Downriver Community Compassion Club at the Southgate Civic Center.
- Submitted application for Federal Nonprofit status as a 501(c)(3).
- Completed over 200 public meetings in a variety of locations at Libraries, VFW Halls, Community Centers
- Hosted the Global Marijuana March Grand Circus Park, Detroit, MI
- Hosted the Downriver Health and Cannabinoids Fair and the Global Marijuana March.
As a federal charity My Compassion must rely on donations to continue its work.
We hope you understand how important your support is to everyone!
To make a meaningful tax-deductible donation visit: MYCOMPASSION.ORG